“High page views but low Google Adsense revenue”, why?


Are you tired of low Adsense revenue?, If you are receiving "high page views but low Google Adsense revenue" then you need to read this article. I have explained about the reasons of getting low Adsense revenue. By reading this article, you can know why sometimes you are getting low Google Adsense revenue; even if you are receiving high pageviews.

Case study of low Google Adsense revenue with high pageviews


If your website is receiving high page views and traffic but Google Adsense revenue is low, that means something is wrong at your side. You need to make changes in your website. I was also sailing in same boat in my early blogging days and found some useful tips for bloggers. The problem with new bloggers arrives when they become impatient. I am sharing my early days blogging experience, when I used to get frustrated with my low Adsense revenue. I was receiving high page views but my Google Adsense revenue is very low. Once issue is figured out, then I came to know about many factors and reasons responsible for the low Adsense income with high traffic.

You need to be a smart blogger and take care of each and every aspect of the website. Getting huge traffic from various sources cannot assure you high Adsense revenue. In order to get high Adsense revenue with high traffic, you need to note various factors which are discussed below-

Country based Niche


In 2011, AQI used to write on keywords related to USA and India and getting page views of around 3000 and my Adsense revenue varies between $ 6-10 but after some months, I was getting same page views on my posts but Adsense revenue is low and that is range of $ 2-4. I was frustrated with my writing and perform many experiments on my web pages but none take me to previous state. One day, I thought of comparing my last 3-4 month posts and then explore reason of getting low Adsense revenue. The reason I explore is "Country based Niche". When I was getting $ 6-10, the niche of those posts belongs to country like USA and UK and when my Adsense revenue fall to range of $ 3-4 then Niche was India based.

Thus, I explore one thing that, it is not only Niche but a country based Niche which pay you high. If we compare 50 clicks from India and 2-3 Clicks from USA and UK then both gives around same revenue. So, it's better to make sure that, to which niche your posts match?

Advertisement placement


When you struck with low Adsense revenue, then first check CTR percent you are getting and compare the CTR percent of current month with previous months. If you are getting low CTR percent at current month but getting high in the past then the main reason that comes into play is Advertisement placement. It is always recommended to play with advertisement position after a time interval.

“High pageviews but low Google Adsense revenue”, why?

The best and rigid position for placing an advertisement is below the title of the post because it is less chances that someone may read your full post. Most of the readers read the first few lines of the post and then leave the page.

So, it is advisable to place at least two units of Adsense ads at top half of the website. The recommended ads below the title are 300x250(Medium rectangle) and 336x280( Large rectangle) and recommended ads above or near the header title are 728x90 ( Leader board) and 468x60( banner).

No need to get rigid to above ad units but you can add many ads of your choice. I read many stories on internet, according to which Adsense revenue increases rapidly like a money plant. In my case, Adsense increases but not like a money plant. So, do not expect too much from ad placement. Yeah, it is crucial for getting high Adsense revenue.

High CPC niche


It is better to explore the high paying niche. In order to use the high paying niche, you have to check the bidding rates or CPC on Google Adwords. The niche with more bidding rate or high CPC must be preferred. The bidding rate varies from country to country. So, try to explore those high paying niche.


Thus, Country based niche, Ad placement and High CPC niche are major factors which might reduce your Google Adsense revenue, in spite of the fact that you are getting high page views.
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment
Get widget